[afnog] DNS Problem (PTR Records on different subnets fails)

Kayihura M. Eddy ekayihura at rwandatel.rw
Sat Mar 29 13:09:08 UTC 2008

Hi Noah,

In the 0.16.172.in.addr.arpa file under /var/named do you
have some entries like:

2     14400   IN      PTR     name.you.want.

Can you paste the content of that file here?

Have you also doublechecked that there is no typo on the
name of the files (though I believe there would be some
alert if it was the case)

Cheers,

Eddy