[afnog] Cisco 2600 series router

Noah Sematimba ksemat at psg.com
Thu Dec 11 08:36:54 UTC 2008

Well,

I experienced similar problems with a Redhat linux machine connected
to a LAN and actually tried all those solutions and others in
puzzlement you have only to find out later that there was some windows
virus spreading around the network that was hijacking mac addresses on
the network and naturally the linux machine being a firewall and mail
server that every machine on the network was accessing, its mac
address was always among the first to get hijacked. Strangely enough
the windows machines kept working despite the problems.

It was only using tcpdump that allowed me to figure out the problem.

YMMV, but you could check for this.

Noah.