[afnog] Domain registration and web hosting

Noa of Ark ncmaina2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 20:57:41 UTC 2007

Hi

I have setup two DNS server for our clients and they are both up and operational.

Now i have this client who has a registered Domain name, a mail server at his premises and a web server. They want to use our internet services but at the same time they want us to Host their domain,mail and web server.

How can i achieve this through both my DNS Name servers. I understand that it would require me setting up zones in my name servers but i am not sure of how i can do that. My colluegus say it is possible for me to host this clients domain.

I have not done domain hosting before and this will be my forst time.

Please share with me your ideas and opinion on how i can go about with this ESPECIALLY domain hosting.

Note: Our own domain is hosted somewhere else.

I will be grateful for any assistance.

  A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest,
and poverty will come upon you like a robber,and want, like an armed warrior.