[afnog] Interface configuration - IPv6

John Hay jhay at meraka.org.za
Sat Sep 8 10:01:07 UTC 2007

On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 12:17:38PM +0300, Vincent Ngundi wrote:

> On Sep 8, 2007, at 12:14 PM, Mark Tinka wrote:
>
> > On Saturday 08 September 2007 17:06, Vincent Ngundi wrote:
> >
> >> FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
> >
> > Are all the other boxes running the same release as well?
>
> no, older versions (5.3). maybe it's something to do with version 6.0?
>

> >> * I haven't enable the v6 firewall yet.
> >
> > Do you have a v4 firewall running?
>
> yes.

Somewhere around v6 FreeBSD changed from having 2 seperate firewalls
for v4 and v6 to a single integrated one. I'm a bit hazy as to exactly
when. I do not have anything that old anymore. :-) Try adding something
like this to your firewall and check again:

ipfw add 1 allow ip6 from any to any

If ipfw do not complain, it have the integrated firewalling.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay at meraka.csir.co.za / jhay at FreeBSD.org