[afnog] Load Balancing Two ISP links

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 11:35:08 UTC 2007

Hi Raymond, this is interesting. it does solve the redundancy part, but
doesn't address the load-balancing aspect of the two links. the current
problem that im facing is that any one of the two E1's unexplainable goes
dead and there is a tendency for one pipe to fill up while the other is
almost not utilised.

that is why i was looking at something that can handle both redundancy as
well as load-balance, using the existing hardware and software.

If all fails, ill play around with this and see how well it will scale. I
could try backup load 50 5 at least that ensures that the primary link hits
50%, it brings in the second link and when it falls below 5% it shuts down
the secondary link...

Thanks