[afnog] DNS not responding to outside queries

Mohamadi ZONGO mzongo at zcp.bf
Wed Oct 3 13:28:31 UTC 2007

2007/10/3, Noa of Ark <ncmaina2001 at yahoo.com>:

> My named.conf file is devided into VIEW's for the Internal network and
> external network. However when i get to the internet and try to access my
> DNS i dont get responce. My DNS servers don't respond to queries from the
> Internet. I cant even reach them thru ssh.

Have you  match-clients { any; };   in the view for internet.
Do you use other ACLs  on top of your config ?

I am not certain whether it is the iptables but yeah, that is my situation.

The best way is to drop all your iptabbles rules and try again  !  If not
fixed, you can post your config to the list.

--
mzongo