Mac OS problems

Antonio Godinho antonio at uem.mz
Fri May 25 06:50:38 UTC 2007

Hi Phil,

I have already tried to run the fix permission utility on the Mac but to no
avail.

Here is what you asked for:

- mount
root_device on / (local, read-only, journaled)
devfs on /dev (local)
fdesc on /dev (union)

- df
root_device 57% (capacity) on /
devfs 100% /dev
fdesc 100% /dev

- ls -ld /Users
drwxrwxr-t 8 root admin

- ls -ld /Users/username
drwxr-xr-x 14 root admin

- ls -ld /Users/username/Desktop
drwxrwxrwx 41 501 admin

The owner of username used to be 501, I had changed it to root recently
while trying to access the Desktop folder.

By the way, we are not getting the [afnog] in the subject lines...

Cheers,

AG

On Thu, 24 May 2007 16:01:50 +0200, Phil Regnauld wrote
> On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 03:27:12PM +0200, Antonio Godinho wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have this problem with a Mac OS X:
> >
> > One of the users can not access anything on his desktop, I had a look at
the
> > permissions while booted into single user mode and I got the following
> >
> > Drwxrwxrwx for the Desktop folder for that user (so
under /Users/username)

> > I see from the other users that it should be Drwxr-xr-x but when I try
> > change the rights it says operation not permitted although i am root and
> > have mounted the partition as read write.
> >
> > What else can I try? I can not even change the name of the folder
Desktop.

--
Antonio Godinho
B.Sc., MCP+I, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP