Mac OS problems

Antonio Godinho antonio at uem.mz
Thu May 24 13:27:12 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I have this problem with a Mac OS X:

One of the users can not access anything on his desktop, I had a look at the
permissions while booted into single user mode and I got the following

Drwxrwxrwx for the Desktop folder for that user (so under /Users/username)

I see from the other users that it should be Drwxr-xr-x but when I try to
change the rights it says operation not permitted although i am root and I
have mounted the partition as read write.

What else can I try? I can not even change the name of the folder Desktop.

Antonio Godinho
CIUEM
Maputo
Mozambique