[afnog] RE : Re: Postfix

tracy musaza cocko_mirindi at yahoo.fr
Tue Jul 31 19:24:29 UTC 2007

If uniben.edu is the domain you just setup, put it in in the variable
mydestination=(in the file master.cf), reload postfix and try again.

  Hello Zongo,

  Thank you for the help to our friend, I guess, he should add  uniben.edu  in mydestination variable  which he will find in  main.cf   file , not in master.cf  file.

  Cheers!!!

Mohamadi ZONGO <mzongo at zcp.bf> a écrit :
    2007/7/30, emmanuel onowojo :
> Hi All,
> After changing my mail server to linux and configured Postfix as my MTA.i
> could receive mail from outside(yahoo,gmail etc) and could send mail to
> other users within the domain but could not send mail out to other Domains
> like Yahoo,Gmail and the rest.

If the domain you setup is uniben.edu, the error below let me think you can send
mail elsewhere but cannot send to your own domain nor receive from outside.

> : mail for uniben.edu
> loops back to myself

=> If you send mail to 'your' domain uniben.edu, your postfix don't
have a clue about this domain and then query the DNS for MX record,
DNS record say that the MX for uniben.edu point back to your postfix
(hence the loop back).

If uniben.edu is the domain you just setup, put it in in the variable
mydestination=(in the file master.cf), reload postfix and try again.

If the new config fail to fix the problem, send your master.cf or try
to be more explicit.

--
mzongo

Coko Tracy MIRINDI MUSAZA