[afnog] Provisionning tools (software or Appliance)

Phil Regnauld regnauld at x0.dk
Mon Jul 16 20:10:45 UTC 2007

Aline Flore Jounewe [ MTNCameroon Infrastructure Planning - MTN House  ] (Jounew_A) writes:

> I am looking for tools that I can use to do the provisioning for my ISP
> customers.
>
> I am actually using Packeteer appliance, packet shaper and the problem I
> am having actually is that I am not satisfied by the result as I can not
> define high number customers with smaller capacity.

	What do you mean ?  What kind of provisioning ?  Are you thinking
	of equal bandwidth sharing/prioritization for your customers ?
	A number of Open Source packages do this, including Dummynet/ALTQ
	in FreeBSD and TC in Linux.  There are even wizard-ready solutions
	like pfSense (www.pfsense.com) to help you setup trafic shaping rules.