[afnog] POP3 server

Antonio Godinho antonio at uem.mz
Fri Jul 13 08:39:52 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I am using vm-pop3d server for a mail server which has a high load of POP3
connections, after a while the POp3 server stops responding while still
running, I can not find much info about the vm-pop3d daemon.

I am using it because it supports virtual domains with postfix and uses the
format /etc/virtual/domain/passwd to authenticate the users and the
format /var/spool/virtual/domain/usermailbox to read and write to the
mailbox of the user from the virtual domain.

Does anyone know of another POP3 daemon that can do the same and can sustain
a huge load. The server now has about 8000 POP3 users. It has 2GB of RAM and
it's Xeon processor, all of these are under used.

Antonio Godinho
Maputo
Mozambique