[afnog] GegaEthernet and FastEthernet probleme!

- Kone Bakenon - kone at univ-ouaga.bf
Thu Jul 12 17:13:12 UTC 2007

>> ==================In my Router
>> ======
>> sh run
>> ======
>>
>> interface GigabitEthernet0/1
>>  ip address 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.240
>>  duplex auto
>>  speed auto
>>  media-type rj45
>
>>>Looks like your link speed and duplex settings are at
>>>auto-neg. Your initial post is contrary.
>
> I tested well all the options others than auto-neg. But the result
always remains the same.

>> !
>>
>> ==========
>> sh int Gig 0/1
>> =============
>>      13 output errors, 0 collisions, 12 interface resets
>>      0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred
>>      13 lost carrier, 0 no carrier, 0 pause output
>
>>>We have a problem here. Was the cable unplugged or interface
>>>shutdown, perhaps while you were testing?
>
>>>Suggest you clear these interface counters and try again after
>>>a few minutes just to eliminate potential hardware/physical
>>>link issues.
>
> Do not worry about this.
> The connections are good.
>
>> ======================In my switsh
>> =======
>> sh run
>> =======
>>
>> interface FastEthernet0/11
>>  switchport access vlan 2
>>  switchport mode dynamic desirable
>> !
>
>>>Speed/duplex settings also appear auto.
>
> Every time I change a parameter on the router I change it on the switch.
>

>> ======
>> sh int F0/11
>> ======
>
>>      0 output errors, 0 collisions, 1 interface resets
>

>>>Just as a test, you could configure another port on the same
>>>switch (this one, for example) with a VLAN ID of 2 and attach
>>>the second router to it. If it works, your routers are fine
>>>and we can turn our attention to the switches.
>
> It is exactly the case for me. Other router on which I try to  ping is on a
> port of the same switch and the same vlan.
>
> I put a PC in a port of the switch on which is my 3845 and by having an
addresse of this network I was able to ping without probleme!!

Hi Lemine,
The management Vlan is a default one on swithes so, if you want to ping
your switch, your pc should be configured using an IP of the management
Vlan IP range. But when you create a Vlan on a switch, it means you have
two Vlan. The default one and the last one you created. In that case, you
can not manage or ping your switch being in the second Vlan.