[afnog] Non-transmitting iDirect 3000 Series Satellite Router

Dick Elleray at AfriConnect delleray at africonnect.com
Wed Feb 7 19:43:36 UTC 2007

Hi

Ensure your 3100 has correct options files for its serial number, check NOC
has enabled  that serial number, check they have reloaded 3100 firmware and
options file (you have good rx so unicast will work), check BUC has 24v at
the BUC end, swop BUC.
Swop cross site cables checking Rx snr doesn't change.

Second router with same issue = bad buc or cross site cables  or options
file imho

Ask NOC to check the TX in scpc mode to see if they can see ANY Tx from
site.

Dick Elleray
AfriConnect