[afnog] Postfix virtual delivery issue

SSE tomsleen at linuxsolutions.co.ug
Tue Aug 21 14:59:54 UTC 2007

Hi guys,
I recently configured a postfix mail server with mysql backend,amavis
and spamassassin with three virtual domains.Everything works fine
except that,mails for two of the virtual domains is not accepted by
postfix.It says the users do not exist in the virtual table, yet they
are in the users table of mysql,alongside the users of the only
virtual domain for whom mails are recieved. Funny thing is,When I send
mail from a user on one of the virtual domains on the same box,it gets
delivered,but mails that come from without,are the ones which bounce.
Can some one please help?
Below is the bounced message that is sent,

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at linuxsolutions.co.ug.

<linuxsols at example.com>:
207.44.176.108 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 <linuxsols at example.com>: Recipient address
rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
Giving up on 207.44.176.108.

and here are my main.cf configs

readme_directory = no
myhostname = server.example.com
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, x.x.x.x/24, x.x.x.x/24, x.x.x.x/24
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost, localhost.localdomain
virtual_alias_domains =
transport_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_transports.cf
virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf,
mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf
virtual_gid_maps = static:5000
virtual_mailbox_base = /home/vmail
virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_domains.cf
virtual_mailbox_limit = 512000000
virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf
virtual_transport = virtual
virtual_uid_maps = static:5000
virtual_create_maildirsize = yes
virtual_mailbox_extended = yes
virtual_mailbox_limit_maps =
mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailbox_limit_maps.cf
virtual_mailbox_limit_override = yes
virtual_maildir_limit_message = "The user you are trying to reach is
over quota"
virtual_overquota_bounce = yes
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
#
#
strict_rfc821_envelopes = yes
disable_vrfy_command = yes
smtpd_helo_required = yes
smtpd_client_restrictions =
smtpd_helo_restrictions =
smtpd_sender_restrictions =
reject_unauth_destination,
reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
reject_unauth_pipelining,
reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
reject_invalid_hostname,
reject_unauth_pipelining,
reject_non_fqdn_sender,
reject_unknown_sender_domain,
reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,
reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org,
reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org,
reject_rbl_client list.dsbl.org
reject_rbl_client blackholes.easynet.nl,
reject_rbl_client proxies.blackholes.wirehub.net,
reject_rbl_client opm.blitzed.org,
reject_rbl_client dnsbl.njabl.org,
reject_rbl_client multihop.dsbl.org,
check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10023,
permit
content_filter = amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
receive_override_options = no_address_mappings

And here is what I added to my master.cf,in addition to the normal config

amavis unix - - n - 2 smtp
-o smtp_data_done_timeout=1200
-o smtp_send_xforward_command=yes

127.0.0.1:10025 inet n - n - - smtpd
-o content_filter=
-o local_recipient_maps=
-o relay_recipient_maps=
-o smtpd_restriction_classes=
-o smtpd_client_restrictions=
-o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
-o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
-o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8
-o strict_rfc821_envelopes=yes
-o receive_override_options=no_unknown_recipient_checks,no_header_body_checks
-o smtpd_bind_address=127.0.0.1

COULD ANYONE BE KNOWING WHAT I DID WRONG?