[afnog] HSSI error

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Aug 21 06:09:55 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 21 August 2007 13:57, Eddy Kayihura M. wrote:

> Here is the show diag part concerning the working HSSI
>
> /Slot 2:
>         Mx HSSI-B Port adapter, 1 port
>         Port adapter is analyzed
>         Port adapter insertion time 05:56:13 ago
>         EEPROM contents at hardware discovery:
>         Hardware revision 1.20          Board revision A0
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
As you can see, above, this PA-H is quite current, with a
hardware revision of 1.20.

>  From your answer together with this results I assume when
> we are reordering we should specify:

> - PA-H
> - Hardware rev 1.17 or above
>
> or just the part number : 800-02747-06

I would recommend you order the same one you have running,
with the hardware revision of 1.20 (or later). No need to
work with older gear if you can avoid it :-).

The 'sh diag' also seems to have given you that PA's part
number. You can use that when you re-order.

Cheers,

Mark.