[afnog] Failover problem!

A.I.Fabian fabian at udsm.ac.tz
Mon Apr 23 05:51:14 UTC 2007

Hallo Mohamed,

1. do you mean you have two links as well ?

If yes, then you need to run iBGP (internal BGP) between two links for
automatic take-over.

If No, i.e you have only one link and two pix boxes.....i think the
cheapest way is to have the two boxes configured equally, one to be put in
production and the other one to be kept as a spare for replacement in case
the one in production fails. Alternatively, you may be reguired to put
both   pixs on line and configure two gateways  on clients(i.e one gateway
from pix1 and another one from pix2 then, connections from 2nd interface
on each pix should go into one access layer switch where all clients
connect). Note..i think you should not do DHCP...just configure network
parameters manually.Disadvantage of this approach is possibilty of
increased latency.

2. for memory ....you just upgrade to eansure the same performance.

try out,

Fabian

Hello,