[afnog] Voice Track

David Kiania | Asentric Consulting Ltd kianiadee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 17:48:16 SAST 2006

Hi,

I have just happened to peruse thro the Abuja 07 Afnog track list and
would like to make a suggestion. Judging by the interest in the VOIP
session that Sunday presided in Nairobi, could the organizers consider
adding a voice track.

Off the top of my head could think of covering implementation issues
such as opensource solutions like asterisk, SIPX, traffic shapping on
the network layer, security and integration with other carrier grade
solutions like Cisco, Audiocodes etc.

Don't think we can afford to leave the voice/VOIP space to be the
preserve of Telcos or can we?

--

David Kiania
[Asentric Consulting Ltd]