[afnog] Restarting server

AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk
Wed Oct 4 06:49:47 UTC 2006

Thanks Hervey,will try that though  as of now the server has stabilised.

                      Hervey Allen
                      <hervey at nsrc.org>        To:       Antonio Godinho <antonio at uem.mz>
                                               cc:       AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk, "J. James" <jejenext at gmail.com>,
                      10/03/2006 05:36          pmuwanga at chevron.com, Nicholas Nuwamanya <NNuwamanya at mantracuganda.com>,
                      PM                        afnog at afnog.org
                       :3 Kb                   Subject:  Re: [afnog] Restarting server

Antonio Godinho wrote:
> Have you looked for updated drivers for the tape drive? if there aren't
any,
> try uninstalling the tape drive and see if the problem still occurs, you
may
> have  to go and physically remove the device driver file from
> c:\windows\system32\drivers

And, if you really want to start from scratch you may need to go do:

c:\windows\inf (hidden directory)

Search on all the installation files in the "inf" directory for some
text that pertains to the hardware in question. Then, remove, move,
or rename the file to "name.bak" - This can force Windows to not
re-install behind your back drivers, and allow you to re-install if
need be.

- Hervey

Hervey Allen      Network Startup Resource Center
hervey at nsrc.org GPG Key Fingerprint:
AC08 31CB E453 6C65 2AB3 4EDB CEEB 5A74 C6E5 624F

Oxfam works with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering.

Oxfam GB is a member of Oxfam International, a company limited by guarantee and registered in England No. 612172.
Registered office: Oxfam House, John Smith Drive, Cowley, Oxford, OX4 2JY
Registered charity No. 202918.

http://www.oxfam.org.uk -- breaking news, emergency information, and enhanced content is only a click away.

Are you in?
With your help we can make this world a fairer place.
Visit: http://www.oxfam.org.uk/imin today