[afnog] Restarting server

AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk
Tue Oct 3 12:58:09 UTC 2006

Thanks Antonio, i actually installed drivers for a tape drive, thats when
the problem started, i have tried re-installing but am still having the
same issues.will try to check for errors on physical disk and RAM.

                      "Antonio Godinho"
                      <antonio at uem.mz>         To:       Phil Regnauld <regnauld at x0.dk>, AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk
                                               cc:       "J. James" <jejenext at gmail.com>, pmuwanga at chevron.com, Nicholas Nuwamanya
                      10/03/2006 04:10          <NNuwamanya at mantracuganda.com>, afnog at afnog.org
                      PM                       Subject:  Re: [afnog] Restarting server
                       :3 Kb

If not hardware related then it could be some software that is causing some

incompatibility (probably some software which was recently installed). I
have found that it is mostly related to software from HP for printer
drivers.
However, try different physical ram first and check for errors on the
physical disk.

Cheers,

AG

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 11:57:49 +0200, Phil Regnauld wrote
> On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 12:45:33PM +0300, AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > My Windows 2000  server is  rebooting and i see the error message below
> > when i go to system in  event viewer.Does any one have ideas of what
might
> > be causing this?
>

>            Could be many reasons: Windows, bad RAM, memory leak.

Antonio Godinho
B.Sc., MCP+I, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP
CIUEM
Maputo
Mozambique

Oxfam works with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering.

Oxfam GB is a member of Oxfam International, a company limited by guarantee and registered in England No. 612172.
Registered office: Oxfam House, John Smith Drive, Cowley, Oxford, OX4 2JY
Registered charity No. 202918.

http://www.oxfam.org.uk -- breaking news, emergency information, and enhanced content is only a click away.

Are you in?
With your help we can make this world a fairer place.
Visit: http://www.oxfam.org.uk/imin today