[afnog] sendmail problem

Peter Nyamukusa petern at africaonline.co.zw
Tue Nov 7 17:05:38 UTC 2006

Hi Guys,

usually when you configure sendmail if you have a look in your sendmail.cf
usually in /etc/mail the line below is commented out so sendmail will try to
use DNS. unconnecting the line will make sendmail first query the /etc/hosts
file for resolution and then DNS

# hosts file (normally /etc/hosts)
O HostsFile=/etc/hosts

assuming that your /etc/hosts file is set up correctly sendmail will be able
to resolve the local domain and deliver local email without the need of an
internet connection

Regards,

Peter Nyamukusa (CCNA, MCSE, A+)