[afnog] delay_pools on Squid

Patrick Okui pokui at psg.com
Sun Mar 26 15:01:43 EAT 2006

On Saturday 25 March 2006 08:46, Mike Barnard wrote:
> what worked was make WITH_SQUID_DELAY_POOLS, the above options
> did not work just as before i updated the ports again.

Sorry, that was my mistake, you are quite right you should use make
WITH_OPTION to turn it on and make WITHOUT_OPTION to turn it off.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/makefile-options.html

> may be im missing something here or may be im doing something wrong, but
> this is not the first time im bitting my finger nails when installing
> something from ports on FreeBSD 5.4.

You could try reading the FreeBSD Porter's Handbook (the URL above is from one
of its chapters). It is written for people who would want to write their own
port, but can be useful for people trying to use the ports system to do
compile with more than just the defaults.

--
patrick