[afnog] arts++ & gcc3

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.zw
Mon Jun 12 15:11:33 EAT 2006

On Monday 12 June 2006 13:20, Brian Candler wrote:

> Well, you should be able to install /usr/ports/lang/gcc295
> without hosing your existing gcc installation. Perhaps with a
> bit of work to Makefiles, you could use that to build.

Had gone this route earlier, but 'lang/gcc295' didn't like my
platform:

[root at the-host /usr/ports/lang/gcc295]# make
===>  gcc-2.95.3_2 is only for alpha i386, and you are running
sparc64..
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/gcc295.
[root at the-host /usr/ports/lang/gcc295]#

I could probably get around this, but after considering that
'flow-tools' has a few more features and is actively maintained,
I guess I'll work with it. Thanks Brian.

Cheers,

Mark.