[afnog] Zebra on CentOS 4

Bruce Zamaere bzamaere at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 12:41:10 EAT 2006

Guys,

I'm trying to set up a couple of Linux Routers using Zebra! I intend to run
OSPF on them. I have tested all of my configurations using my Fedora Core 4
workstation and a Cisco Router with absolutely no problems. The problem is
that I am deploying CentOS on the Routers and I can't seem to get OSPF
running properly. I am using the basic ospfd.conf sample that comes in the
quagga package. I can start the service with no problems but when I want to
start the ospf router process i.e. "router ospf 50" the session just hangs.
Has anyone ever come across a similar problem with CentOS? I have also
noticed that I can't get a similar thing with the bgp router process

My ospfd.conf file is shown below...
------------ cut here --------------
!
hostname ospfd