[afnog] Frame Relay Over E1

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.zw
Thu Jun 8 09:27:58 EAT 2006

On Wednesday 07 June 2006 17:26, byaruhj at mtn.co.ug wrote:
> Mark,
>
> This works well for what I am trying to achieve. Thanks again

Thinking about this in theory, and from the comments from Bill
and others, technically, it should be possible to provide a
Layer 2 frame relay service in the manner you have.

What I'd need to test out is several factors, events or
conditions within the telco's network that isn't frame relay
enabled that would contribute to sustained or interrupted frame
relay service, especially if they do not know you are pushing
frame relay over their network.

But then again, frame relay, being a shared network (the
so-called "statistical multiplexing"), requires efficient
bandwidth management techniques - but perhaps that's what makes
it more affordable to end users.

Mark.