[afnog] connection to www.cnn.com

Mikisa Richard rmikisa at bushnet.net
Mon Jun 5 17:14:46 EAT 2006

Mark Tinka wrote:

>Say again, are you saying when you use Telia's IP addresses, you
>can connect to cnn.com?

Yes

>Do you have a similar problem with other web sites? Are they
>specific to a certain region of the world, e.g., U.S?

Nope, not anymore. Originally had problems connecting to FastWeb Net and
Broadnet in Germany. Turned out to be bogon filters which were sorted.

>What is your source IP prefix (range)?

41.220.0.0/20 -AS29032

waiting for www.cnn.com

>>Full feed for my session with Telia, yes.
>>

>Did Telia do the normal, i.e., update their anti-spoofing
>filters, advise their upstreams to do the same, update their
>prefix list/AS_PATH filters, update their RIPE RR data if
>necessary, e.t.c.?

they did.

name# whois -h whois.ripe.net as1299

*aut-num*:         AS1299
as-name:         TELIANET
descr:           TeliaNet Global Network
descr:           Telia International Carrier
<snip>
import:          from AS29032 action pref=50; accept AS29032
export:          to AS29032 announce ANY

>Did you update your RIPE RR data? I've had customers with
>problems getting "replies" from some part of the Internet
>because they left out critical RIPE RR data for their AS when
>setting up BGP.

Did

name# whois -h whois.ripe.net 41.220.0.0/20

% Information related to '41.220.0.0/20AS29032'

route:          41.220.0.0/20
origin:         AS29032
descr:          Bushnet Uganda Limited
remarks:        Bushnet Route Entry

%

*aut-num*:         AS29032
as-name:         BUSHNET-UG
descr:           Bushnet Limited
descr:           Post Office Box 22849
descr:           Kampala, UG
descr:           +256 31 225200
<snip>
import:          from AS1299 accept ANY
export:          to AS1299 announce AS29032
source:          RIPE # Filtered

--
Richard