[afnog] another Apache2-PHP5 with IMAP support problem

Fisayo Adeleke fisayo at exnesys.com
Mon Jul 31 00:04:51 EAT 2006

I have a Redhat 9.0 with Apache installed, with support for PHP5 and
everything worked fine [[notice] Apache/2.2.2 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.2
OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP/5.1.4 configured -- resuming normal operations]. Then I
needed to add IMAP support to PHP, I followed the instructions by installing
c-client which gives IMAP support to PHP5 and recompiled PHP5 but using a
test.php file showed PHP still had not IMAP support so I recompiled Apache.
Afterwards apache refuses to start with the following error

httpd: Syntax error on line 57 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot
load /usr/local/apache/modules/libphp5.so into server:
/usr/local/apache/modules/libphp5.so: undefined symbol: imap_module_entry

I canr figure out what the problem is, sure it has to do with the IMAP
support added to PHP. Will appreciate any help.

-fisayo