[afnog] Re : Apache2-PHP5 Installation Issues

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.zw
Thu Jul 27 11:49:03 EAT 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 10:09, Alain Ilunga wrote:
> Unfortunately, I tried to install the relevant RPMs but I
> wasn't able to view PHP Web pages on my browser.

Some Linux distributions reconfigure Apache automatically so it
knows how to read PHP files. But in case yours doesn't, you'd
need to make sure this happens.

Something like (in 'httpd.conf'):

#
LoadModule php5_module        $libdir/apache2/libphp5.so
#
<IfModule dir_module>
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
</IfModule>
#
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
#

You can then create a test 'index.php' in your DocumentRoot file
with the following inside it:

<?phpinfo()?>

If this works, not only will you be able to glean vital
information about your web server and PHP installation, but hey,
it means your Apache server is PHP-aware :).

Cheers,

Mark.