[afnog] Xntp on Solaris 9

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Fri Jan 27 19:14:23 EAT 2006

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 06:28:37PM +0300, sematin at mtn.co.ug wrote:
> I think I am missing something here. I have setup my ntp.conf file on a
> solaris 9 box to pick from some stratum 2 servers but after setting it up the
> output of the date command gives me time that is 6 hours off my current time.

Which way? Would it be Eastern Standard Time (East coast US) by any chance?

> TZ=Africa/Kampala

That may not be right for Solaris. In any case, using the environment to set
the zone is risky, as environments can get modified or flushed. I use
/etc/localtime on BSD boxes, but I don't know the Solaris equivalent
off-hand.