[afnog] exchange server

JONAS MARTIN molajons at yahoo.fr
Wed Jan 11 23:09:47 EAT 2006

Really, I think the best way is to move to an open source solution. postfix,
sendmail or qmail running on linux or freebsd to get ride of many problems on
Windows Server. Personnaly, 50% of my problem were solved when I migrate on
Linux.

Although you will see information on http://www.labo-microsoft.com/ about
exchange

gud luck

--- Antonio Godinho <antonio at nambu.uem.mz> a écrit :

> Now that you are in charge start planning on the switch to FreeBSD + open
> source mailer. Exchange server is huge and has millions of features that
> you'll probably never use or see. The best way for you to manage that server
> is perhaps find someone who is running one close to you and find out the
> basics or else take a course and that should help. One of the biggest
> problems in exchange servers is when they crash and you get a mailbox store
> corruption, most of the time you have to recreate it losing all the mail.
>
> Cheers,
>

> On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 05:31:27 -0800 (PST), WAIRIMU NGUMI wrote
> > hi all,
> >   i have a problem that i know is cheap stuff to all but please help
> >
> >   i need all the information i can on how to work with microsoft
> > exchange..i have since yesterday been put in charge of our exchange
> > server and i feel abit lost...please help..
> >
> >   thanks
> >

> > ---------------------------------
> > Yahoo! Photos
> >  Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events,
> >  holidays, whatever.
>

> --
> Antonio Godinho
> B.Sc.,MCP, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP