[afnog] mounting_NTFS_on_Linux

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.zw
Mon Feb 27 12:40:05 EAT 2006

On Friday 24 February 2006 18:41, Alex Gondwe wrote:

> I am running fedora core 4 dual-booted with Windows XP.
>
> I am trying to mount the NTFS partition in Fedora. I
> have edited the fstab file. The drive shows up but the
> partition can not be mounted. Does anybody know how to
> do this.

I have this in my /etc/fstab (under Linux):

/dev/hda1            /Windows/C           ntfs \
ro,users,gid=users,umask=0002,nls=iso8859-1        0 0

/dev/hda5            /Windows/D           ntfs \
ro,users,gid=users,umask=0002,nls=iso8859-1        0 0

Note that this is 'ro'. Of course, the actual file systems
will depend on how you've installed your dual-boot
system.

Cheers,

Mark.