[afnog] Can't using Mac OS 10

Rita Horve Agbali rhagbali at ghanatel.com.gh
Fri Feb 24 20:46:45 EAT 2006

Hi all,

We have some dial-up clients who uses macintosh OS 10. They get the following error messages when dialling;

-authentication failed, and
-the modem has unexpectedly hanged up verify your settings and try again.

Our modems are MICA modem and the remote access server is AS5300 cisco router;

rasksi01#sh version
IOS (tm) 5300 Software (C5300-I-M), Version 12.1(5)T8,  RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1

The firmware is mica-modem-pw.2.7.2.0.bin;

rasksi01#sh flash:
System flash directory:
File  Length   Name/status
  1   5552396  c5300-i-mz.121-5.T8
  2   468984   mica-modem-pw.2.7.2.0.bin
[6021508 bytes used, 10755708 available, 16777216 total]
16384K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

My google search tells me that this problem could be caused by bad modem pool at the administrators side. Show modems on the router showed some of the modems marked bad.  They have however been repaired but the problem is still there.

Is anyone familiar with this problem. Pls help!