[afnog] NTOP

Yann Berthier yb at 6f2.net
Thu Aug 17 23:23:31 SAST 2006

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, at 10:07, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> My experience was the same. NTOP consumed and crashed. I spent a considerable
> amount of time trying to fix it and was unsuccessful. After testing 2 or 3,
> I did find that nsfen was a much better tool, although NTOP had an easy to
> understand graphical presentation.
>
> http://nfsen.sourceforge.net

   They are not playing the same game, where the former being not a
   netflow collector, and the later letting you dig in your past data as
   far as your storage capacity buys you - even a few days back can save
   your day, and you have always the possibility to keep aggregated sets
   of older data

   One more very good reason to use nfdump/nfsen or alike

      - yann