[afnog] vexim (support)

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Sat Aug 5 19:53:31 SAST 2006

On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 04:41:01PM +0100, Sunday Adekunle Folayan wrote:
> Linnet is much more current, and loaded. The only thing lacking in
> linnet vs vexim is the php frontend. should not be a problem hacking the
> php portion of vexim to drive linnet. I am sure Brian C will appreciate
> such a contribution to Linnet, and will integrate it .. granted his
> schedule is not too tight changing diapers :-)

:-)

Actually I've been trying to avoid including anything which depends on PHP,
because by the Linnet philosophy, I then have to include the whole of PHP in
the distribution, plus any add-ons that are required by those PHP apps.

Maybe that will have to happen eventually though, if for example
squirrelmail goes in.

I haven't seen what vexim does, but maybe similar functionality can be
written in ruby/eruby, which already exists in Linnet. A web frontend to
edit local_domains, userdb and LDAP would be a good start, I guess.