[afnog] strange ns record

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Wed Apr 26 23:49:19 EAT 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 06:50:17PM +0300, Mike Barnard wrote:
>    OK, ive gone through this step by step. i deleted the zone file and
>    all records of that domain from the name server, rebooted the primary,
>    then recreated it all over again. then i reloaded my name server. when
>    i transfer the zone file from ns2, it works fine now:

OK, well that was a bit drastic, but I'm glad it's working for you now.

I expect it was only necessary to 'rndc reload profile.co.ug' on the master,
look in its log files for the error, fix it, and rndc reload again. At worst
you would stop and start the name server process, not reboot the whole
machine.