[afnog] Cisco, Radius & LDAP Problem

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Thu Apr 20 10:31:44 EAT 2006

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 08:59:50AM +0200, Thato Molise wrote:
> Oh, my LDAP version is openldap 2.0.27-17; Indeed I havent updated to a
> newer version, can that be the problem too?

Presumably that's OpenLDAP you're talking about.

I don't think that's your problem, although that's pretty ancient code, and
only supports LDAPv2 I believe. The upgrade to 2.2 or 2.3 might involve some
pain, as it will reveal errors in your schema - OpenLDAP 2.0 was quite lax
about schema checking. I'd build the newer LDAP server on a different box
(or different port on the same box), export the data as LDIF, import it into
the new one, and then make sure everything is working properly before
switching over.

What's your RADIUS server - FreeRADIUS?

Have you tried what I suggested - i.e. taking one of your Windows clients
and disabling CHAP on it, or disabling CHAP on the NAS?