[afnog] mail problem

Noah Sematimba sematin at mtn.co.ug
Wed Apr 19 09:19:40 EAT 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 08:41, Mike Barnard wrote:

> Thanks Brian. been at it almost the whole of last night, bringing down rule
> of the routers and trying but still no avail. if it was a routing problem i
> should not be able to send  mail to them (**ideally). but the mails sent
> from me and all others on this network get to them (**that i know for
> sure). i have talked to italy and they insist that there are no
> restrictions whatsoever on that network.

ok. So if I am getting this right, "telnet 81.208.64.123 25" works since
you're able to send them e-mail, however you're not able to pop mail from
their network. This clearly points to the fact that they must be having
restrictions that prevent your network from connecting to port 110 on their
server.

--
Noah.