[afnog] DHCP configuration on cisco router 2600 series

Paul pademmy at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 19:47:24 EAT 2005

Good day,
am still having problem with the dhcp config on my router,
below is the error am getting again after doing what u said i should type no ip domain lookup
RSUST-EDUPORTAL(config-if)#ip dhcp pool RSUST-LAN
Translating "pool"
                               ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
RSUST-EDUPORTAL(config-if)#   network 192.168.200.0 255.255.255.0
                                 ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
RSUST-EDUPORTAL(config-if)#   default-router 192.168.200.1
                                     ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
RSUST-EDUPORTAL(config-if)#   dns-server 81.199.0.36 81.199.3.7
                               ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

thnaks
Aj

Mark Tinka <mtinka at africaonline.co.sz> wrote:
On Thursday 08 September 2005 12:51, Paul wrote:
> Good day.

Hello Paul.

> Pls I need help on how to implement dhcp on my cisco
> router 2600 series. I have configured the router with
> NAT and is working fine. but one other thing i want to
> implement is the dhcp which is giving little stress.
> pls any help on how to go about it thnaks.

! First define any IP addresses you will not assign to
! users or hosts dynamically (but statically, instead).

ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.5

! Now create a DHCP database on the router
! where you will define important parametres.

ip dhcp pool My_Network
network 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0
domain-name my_network.com
dns-server 192.168.0.3
default-router 192.168.0.1
!

There are several other parametres you can specify under
the "My_Network" database, but these should be enough to
get you off the ground for IP access.

Cheers,

Mark.