[afnog] Mailman configuration glitch

Ezra Banoba elisha.winters at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:40:42 EAT 2005

I think that's because there is no index page to load in the document
root for your VirtualHost.

You will need to find a way to load the page you want either by adding
a 'redirect' directive to your virrualhost conf or otherwise.

You can add a small index.php with something like this to your document root

<?php

Header("Location: /mailman");
?>

Regards,
eZRA

On 10/28/05, Steven Ntambi <sntambi at one2net.co.ug> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm having a bit of a problem making this guy work any help is highly
> appreciated.
>
> After
> 1. Following the instructions on
> http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html(which i hope i followed
> correctly)
> 2. created the list 'mailman'
> 3. Added the following to the httpd.conf
>
> <VirtualHost XX.X.XXX.XXX>
> UseCanonicalName On
> ServerAdmin emailaddress at admin_domainname
> DocumentRoot /usr/local/mailman/lists/
> ServerName lists.domainename1
> ServerAlias www.lists.domainename1
> ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/lists.domainename1/error_log
> CustomLog /var/log/httpd/lists.domainename1/access_log common
> ScriptAlias /mailman "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin"
> Alias /pipermail "/usr/local/mailman/archives/public"
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <Directory "/usr/local/mailman/lists/">
> Options Indexes FollowSymlinks MultiViews
> AllowOverride None
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> And made the DocRoot owned by mailman readable to www (httpd user) ie
> Docroot has permissions 754
>
> I still get a permission denied when attempting to view the site
> lists.domainname1 !!!! :-/

bad measures.
		-- Daniel Webster