[afnog] phpMyPrepaid

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Fri Oct 14 17:42:34 EAT 2005

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 06:39:47AM -0700, Alex Gondwe wrote:
> My problem is that if I use phpMyPrepaid:
>
> 1. The the client does not get booted out after
> exceeding the number of minutes allocated to a
> particular prepaid card.

Is there a mailing list for phpMyPrepaid? If so that might be a better
starting point.

However, if you want the customer to be booted out after a certain number of
minutes, you need to send a Session-Timeout attribute in the RADIUS
Access-Accept packet.

So you can use tcpdump to see whether this attribute is being sent or not.
If it isn't, then you'll need to find out which bit of software is supposed
to set it and how.

> 2. When the prepaid card has expired, it is still
> possible to authenticate using the username and
> password associated with the card.

Sounds to me like some interface between phpMyPrepaid and Freeradius is
missing.