[afnog] Called-Station-Id

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Mon Oct 10 19:35:11 EAT 2005

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 04:27:50PM +0400, Madhvi Gokool wrote:
> The freeradius logs  show a 4-digit number as Called-Station-Id  but a
> seven-digit number as Calling Station Id .
>         Calling-Station-Id = "2132172"
>         Called-Station-Id = "1300"
> In fact, the Called-Station-Id is 2131300.  What should we configure to
> rectify this ?

It's configured on your upstream telco switch. There's probably some number
translation going on there.

> If I want to authenticate users based on the telephone number they are
> dialling to, I need to set the Called-Station-Attribute to  1300.
> I have verified with the Telco - CLI being sent is a 7-digit number.

CLI (Calling Line Identifier) is the Calling-Station-Id - the phone number
calling *from* - and is 7 digits as you see.

CSID (Called Station ID) is the Called-Station-Id - the phone number calling
*to*. If you want to see all 7 digits of that, you'll have to ask your Telco
to send you 7 digits of CSID.

Usually, having a shortened CSID is not a problem - as long as (a) the Telco
doesn't change it under your nose without telling you, and (b) you don't
need more than 10,000 phone numbers or more than one prefix. But I agree
it's nice to see the full number.