[afnog] Called-Station-Id

Madhvi Gokool madhvin at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 15:27:50 EAT 2005

Hello

We are currently using Freeradius to authenticate dialup users connecting to
a Cisco AS5350 RAS .
The freeradius logs  show a 4-digit number as Called-Station-Id  but a
seven-digit number as Calling Station Id .
Pls find excerpt of  detail file below : -
 Acct-Session-Id = "00000658"
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        Framed-IP-Address = 10.5.5.7
        User-Name = "drapl"
        Acct-Authentic = RADIUS
        Acct-Status-Type = Start
        Calling-Station-Id = "2132172"
        Called-Station-Id = "1300"
        NAS-Port-Type = Async
        Connect-Info = "53333/21600 V90/V44/LAPM"
        NAS-Port = 259
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        NAS-IP-Address = 10.5.0.2
        Acct-Delay-Time = 0
        Client-IP-Address = 10.5.0.2
        Acct-Unique-Session-Id = "bf959c077d9397ab"
        Timestamp = 1128677529

In fact, the Called-Station-Id is 2131300.  What should we configure to
rectify this ?
If I want to authenticate users based on the telephone number they are
dialling to, I need to set the Called-Station-Attribute to  1300.
I have verified with the Telco - CLI being sent is a 7-digit number.

Thanx in advance for your help
madhvi