[afnog] Collection Engine

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.sz
Sun Oct 2 14:45:56 EAT 2005

On Friday 30 September 2005 22:26, Brian Candler wrote:

> OK. Probably the solution you would prefer to have is
> ATRN. It's on my list of things to investigate, and
> perhaps write a daemon for courier (it would be quite
> similar to the POP3 daemon internally)

Brian, I'm curious, how different is this from ETRN
(Extended Turn)?

Understand ATRN is the same as ODMR (On-Demand Mail
Relay).

What is the most scalable solution for this situation
that doesn't require on-demand customers, i.e., dial-up,
to have static IP addresses, but allow ISP's to provide
the service while maintaining dynamic IP address
assignment?

Mark.