[afnog] Collection Engine - Exim module for Webmin

Michuki Mwangi michuki at swiftkenya.com
Sat Oct 1 19:56:16 EAT 2005

Dear Alain,

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 11:32, Alain Ilunga wrote:
> The Mdaemon and mailing collection on one account was
> not my choice. I cannot understand this choice, I
> cannot understand how collecting mails like this will
> save bandwidth.

A couple of years back i setup a couple of Mdaemon with the Domain POP
collection mode mainly for dialup clients. One thing that needed to be
added to fix the problem with some of the emails "disappearing" was to
add an SMTP header in the Domain POP mail collection  options. I think
it was something like x-mdaemon-deliver-to: but you can check in the
Mdaemon knowledge base for more info on the matter. This should resolve
your problems temporarily. However the Domain pop mail collection was
buggy and would at times trash messages with the deliver-to header in
the smtp header.

If you are not on dialup  - Then you can have the setup changed to have
Mdaemon Server as Primary MX and your ISP as secondary until when you
are ready to migrate to the new setup.

Michuki Mwangi
KENIC.