[afnog] Switch Problem

Wonder Chikohomero wchikohomero at ucmpemba.ac.mz
Thu May 26 14:34:23 EAT 2005

I have a Cisco Catalyst2950 switch that was corrupted during a practical with my IT students. The flash directory contents were deleted. Can you help me resuscitate my switch

The system has been interrupted prior to initializing the flash file system. These
commands will initialize the flash file system, and finish loading the operating system
software:

flash_init
load_helper
boot

switch: flash_init
switch: load_helper
switch: dir flash: the directory is empty

I tried the xcopy as follows, it give me an error !access denied!

switch: copy xmodem: flash: c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-13.EA1.bin

Wonder Chikohomero

Universidade Católica de Moçambique

Departamento de Informática

Ave. 25 de Setembro, No. 725