[afnog] Fetchmail/Exim Problem - OK Now!

Julius Kidubuka juki at one2net.co.ug
Tue May 17 18:50:58 EAT 2005

> What do you see when you type:
>
> # exim -bt mike at domain-name
> # exim -d -bt mike at domain-name
> That shows you exim's "thought process" in routing a recipient address.

Very true indeed! When I added the -d flag, the output was quite helpful
coz from it I was able to see that the contents of /etc/mail/mailer.conf
were actually making reference to sendmail and not exim :-)

I then made necessary changes to /etc/mail/mailer.conf and restarted the
exim daemon. Fetchmail is now delivering mail to the right folders, that
is, /usr/mail/domain-name/users/username/Maildir and all is well for now
:-)

Thanks for all the help!

Cheers,
Juki.