[afnog] Sendmail problem with DNS

David Chima david at sdnp.org.mw
Mon May 16 16:52:22 EAT 2005

Hello Guys,
I have a dial-up user who collects mail under UUCP. Every time the
client sends mail The server fails to relay it locally immediately if
there is no connection. It looks like the server wants to check DNS
before relaying mail.

A check on sendmail.org shows that I need to turn off DNS on
sendmail. and that I need to make smtp mailer expensive then tell
sendmail not to relay to expensive mailers.

According to their Instructions I need a flag F=e some where in
mailers or in the cf file. Could someone show me where this could be.

Regards

David