[afnog] Installing Courier-authlib

Banoba Ezra ezra at cfi.co.ug
Mon May 16 15:44:45 EAT 2005

On Mon, 16 May 2005 11:51:05 +0000, Musa.E.A.Kijera wrote
> Hello All ,
>     I am new to freeBSD  . I am installing a new E-mail server using Courier, Exim , Mysql and Sqwebmail . Any time I  try to install Courier-authlib using the command
>  pkg_add -r courier-authlib
> i get the error
> pkg_add: unable to fetch 'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.3-release/Latest/courier-authlib.tbz' by URL -
>
> I also tried using the port option with the command
> cd /usr/ports/mail/courier-authlib

Did you get any error after typing that?
You need to type; make install clean.

However, if the first pkg_add failed because of some connectivity issue like some blocked ports or bad link, you might get a similar error during the make install.
Any particular reason why you are installing only courier-authlib? You could just install Courier-Imap as follows:

cd /usr/ports/mail/courier-imap
make install clean

if that successfully completes, you should have the necessary authlibs installed as well.

Ezra.

--
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and whatever you hit, call it
the target.