[afnog] help with ACID installation

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Thu May 12 12:33:57 EAT 2005

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 10:55:47AM +0200, Sergio Carrilho wrote:
> It seems to me that it is loggint the snort alerts but acid is not
> able to comunicate with it too get the data. I ran
>
> echo "SELECT count(*) FROM event" | mysql snort -u root -p
                                                  ^^^^^^^
> and the output was:
> count(*)
> 484

Notice that you are logging into the database as 'root'; but snort is trying
to login as 'snort'

Looks like you should create a 'snort' user in mysql, and assign it suitable
privileges to access the DB. Or temporarily you could configure snort to
login as 'root', just to check it works, but that's probably not what you
want long-term (you should give the 'snort' user only access to the
databases and tables which are relevant to its work)