[afnog] help wtih Linnet

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.sz
Wed May 11 17:52:29 EAT 2005

wrote:
> > While currently looking into this, I'd be really
> > keen on finding out any thoughts on integrating
> > Linnet into proprietary and/or freeware billing
> > systems supported by ISP's, especially as new users
> > are added, modified or removed.
>
> Provisioning isn't something I've included.

That's alright - at worst, I, or anyone else interested
in that, could sit down and see how to add it to the
code. Problem is since there are several (closed)
billing systems out there, and most custom built, I'm
not sure how effective contribution to the entire
project would be.

> Turn it the other way round: do you know of any
> existing freeware provisioning/billing systems that
> you would like to use?

Unfortunately, I don't know of any freeware
provisioning/billing systems (perhaps I haven't looked
hard enough). The only close-to-freeware system I've
used was BillMax, and that was shareware.

I fear my current task is integration of Linnet into a
closed provisioning system.

Mark.