[afnog] help with ACID installation

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.sz
Wed May 11 16:10:36 EAT 2005

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 14:48, Sergio Carrilho wrote:
> Hi all,

Hello.

> "Error (p)connecting to DB : snort at localhost

Have you installed MySQL and supporting libraries? Is it
running?. If so...

> Check the DB connection variables in acid_conf.php

My first guess is you'll need to set the values below in
the above mentioned file, 'acid_conf.php'. Have you done
this?

What you are basically trying to do is tell snort how to
log into MySQL (host [normally 127.0.0.1], port
[normally 3306 for MySQL], username & password that will
allow access to MySQL), where to find the database (the
database name you've chosen inside MySQL, that will
contain the data, e.g., snort) so it is able to
insert/retrieve your data.

Hope this doesn't sound too complicated.

Mark.